Carrot Seeds - Tendersweet
- Seed Count: 700 Seeds
- Maturity Date: Approximately 70-80 days from planting
- Plant Type: Root vegetable
- Carrot Characteristics: Long, slender, and deep orange
- Ideal Growing Conditions: Full sun, deep loose soil
- Planting Instructions: Sow seeds ¼ inch deep, 1-2 inches apart in rows 12-18 inches apart
- Soil Preferences: Prefers well-drained, sandy or loamy soil
- Culinary Uses: Perfect for fresh eating, roasting, or adding to soups and stews
History: The Tendersweet Carrot is a classic heirloom variety, cherished for its exceptionally sweet taste and tender texture. It's a timeless favorite in gardens, with a history that highlights its enduring popularity among both home gardeners and chefs for its superior flavor and easy cultivation.
Uses: Tendersweet Carrots are versatile in the kitchen. Their natural sweetness enhances any dish they're added to, whether eaten raw in salads, juiced, roasted, or used in soups and stews. They are particularly noted for retaining their flavor and texture, even when cooked.
Growth Habit & Planting Instructions: Tendersweet Carrots are easy to grow and are suitable for a variety of climates. They thrive best in full sun and require deep, loose soil for optimal root development. Sow seeds directly into the garden, lightly cover with soil, and keep the soil moist until germination. Thin seedlings to prevent crowding and ensure proper growth. Regular watering and occasional fertilization will encourage strong, healthy growth. These carrots are an excellent choice for anyone looking to grow a nutritious and delicious root vegetable in their garden.