Lettuce Seeds - All Year Round Butterhead
- Seed Count: 1000 Seeds
- Maturity Date: Approximately 65-70 Days from Planting
- Type: Butterhead Lettuce
- Growth Habit: Compact, Rosette Forming
- Leaf Characteristics: Soft, tender leaves with a mild flavor
- Ideal Growing Conditions: Prefers cooler weather, tolerates light frost
- Planting Instructions: Sow seeds 1/8 inch deep, space plants 8-12 inches apart
- Harvesting Tips: Harvest outer leaves as needed or whole head when mature
History: All Year Round Butterhead Lettuce, as the name suggests, is a versatile variety that can be grown throughout various seasons. It's a traditional butterhead type, known for its tender texture and sweet flavor. This variety has been a mainstay in gardens due to its adaptability and consistent performance under varying climatic conditions.
Uses: Ideal for salads due to its soft, buttery leaves, All Year Round Butterhead Lettuce adds a delicate texture and mild flavor to culinary creations. It is also suitable for sandwiches, wraps, and as a garnish. Its nutritional value and ease of digestion make it a popular choice for healthy diets.
Growing Habits & Planting Instructions: This lettuce variety grows into a compact rosette, making it suitable for smaller garden spaces or container gardening. It thrives in cooler weather but can tolerate light frost, making it a great option for early spring and late fall planting. For continuous harvest, sow seeds every two to three weeks. Plant seeds about 1/8 inch deep in well-drained soil and space them 8-12 inches apart. Keep the soil consistently moist but not waterlogged. Harvest outer leaves as they mature or the whole head when it’s fully developed.