Pepper Seeds - Hot - Orange Habanero
- 15 Seeds per Packet
- Maturity: 90 Days from Transplanting
- Appearance: Bright Orange, Small Bell-Shaped, Approximately 2 inches in Size
- Flavor Profile: Intensely Spicy with a Hint of Citrusy Sweetness
- Heat Level: Extremely Hot, Ranging from 100,000 to 350,000 Scoville Units
- Use: Popular in Salsas, Sauces, and Hot Dishes
- Growth Habit: Compact with Glossy, Green Leaves
- Special Feature: One of the Hottest Peppers Known
History: Originating from the Amazon, the Orange Habanero journeyed through Mexico and has now found its place in kitchens and gardens worldwide. Revered by the Mayan and Aztec civilizations, it was used not only for culinary purposes but also for its medicinal properties. Today, this pepper is recognized not just for its heat, but also for the unique flavor it brings to dishes.
Uses: The Orange Habanero, with its fiery heat and subtle sweetness, is the star in many recipes. It is most commonly used in hot sauces, salsas, and spicy dishes, especially in Caribbean cuisine. The pepper's vibrant orange hue also adds a pop of color, making dishes visually appealing. When cooking with Orange Habanero, a little goes a long way. It's best to start with a small amount and adjust according to taste.
Growing Habits & Planting Instructions: For the best results, start your Orange Habanero seeds indoors 8-10 weeks before the last frost. Once the seedlings are ready, transplant them outdoors in a spot with well-draining soil and plenty of sunlight. Space the plants 18-24 inches apart. Regular watering and occasional fertilization will promote healthy growth and a bountiful harvest. Protective gloves are recommended when handling the mature peppers, as they can cause skin irritation. Experience the thrilling heat and rich history of the Orange Habanero by adding it to your garden today!