Cucumber Seeds - Metki Pale Green Armenian Yard Long
- Seed Count: 25 seeds
- Maturity Date: Approximately 70-80 days from planting
- Plant Type: Vine, Cucumber Family
- Fruit Characteristics: Pale green, slender, up to 36 inches long
- Ideal Growing Conditions: Full sun, warm weather, well-drained soil
- Planting Instructions: Sow seeds 1 inch deep, 36-48 inches apart, after the last frost
- Culinary Uses: Salads, pickling, eating fresh
- Special Notes: Known for its mild, sweet flavor and lack of bitterness
History The Metki Pale Green Armenian Yard Long is a unique cucumber variety originating from Armenia. It has a long history in Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisines. This variety is distinguished by its impressively long fruits, which can grow up to three feet in length, and its pale green skin. Its cultivation has been a tradition in Armenian and nearby regions' gardening, cherished for its distinct appearance and flavor.
Uses Armenian Yard Long cucumbers are celebrated for their crisp texture and mild, sweet flavor, which lacks the bitterness sometimes found in other cucumber varieties. These cucumbers are versatile in the kitchen, commonly used fresh in salads, for pickling, or simply enjoyed on their own. Their unique length also makes them a conversation starter and a visually appealing addition to any dish.
Growth Habit & Planting Instructions The Metki Pale Green Armenian Yard Long grows as a climbing vine, requiring support like a trellis or fence for optimal growth. It thrives in full sun and warm temperatures, making it a great choice for summer gardening. Plant seeds in well-drained soil, ensuring they have enough space for proper growth. Regular watering and occasional feeding will encourage healthy, robust cucumbers. Harvesting them while they are young and tender, typically when they reach about 12-18 inches, ensures the best flavor and texture.