Zinnia Seeds - Peppermint Stick
- Seed Count: 30 seeds
- Maturity Date: 60-70 days from planting
- Plant Type: Annual flowering plant
- Flower Characteristics: Striped, colorful blooms in shades of pink, white, and red
- Plant Height: Grows up to 24-30 inches tall
- Ideal Growing Conditions: Full sun, well-drained soil
- Planting Instructions: Sow seeds 1/4 inch deep, space 12 inches apart, after last frost
- Attracts Pollinators: Ideal for attracting bees, butterflies, and hummingbirds
History: Peppermint Stick Zinnia, with its strikingly striped flowers, is a visually stunning addition to any garden. Originating from Mexico, Zinnias have been cultivated for hundreds of years, with the Peppermint Stick variety gaining popularity for its unique and playful patterned blooms, reminiscent of the stripes on a peppermint candy.
Uses: Peppermint Stick Zinnias are not just a feast for the eyes; they serve multiple purposes. They are excellent for cut flower arrangements, adding a burst of color and whimsy. In the garden, they are perfect for borders, beds, and containers, brightening any space with their vibrant colors. Their nectar-rich flowers are also a magnet for pollinators, contributing to the health of your garden ecosystem.
Growth Habit & Planting Instructions: To cultivate Peppermint Stick Zinnias, choose a location with full sun exposure. They thrive in well-drained soil and require regular watering, especially during dry spells. Plant the seeds 1/4 inch deep in the soil, spacing them about 12 inches apart to allow for adequate air circulation and growth. As annuals, they complete their life cycle in one season, but their easy-to-grow nature and high germination rate make them a favorite among both novice and experienced gardeners. Their rapid growth and quick maturity mean you won't have to wait long to enjoy their delightful display.