Cucumber Seeds - Spacemaster 80
- Seed Count: 50 seeds
- Maturity Date: 60 days from planting
- Plant Type: Compact, bush variety
- Fruit Size: 7 to 8 inches long
- Ideal Growing Conditions: Full sun, well-drained soil
- Planting Instructions: Sow seeds 1 inch deep, 36 inches apart, after the last frost
- Special Features: Ideal for container gardening and small spaces
- Disease Resistance: Good general disease resistance
History: The Spacemaster 80 Cucumber is a relatively recent cultivar designed specifically for small gardens and container growing. Its development marked a significant innovation in horticulture, catering to urban gardeners and those with limited gardening space.
Uses: This variety is highly prized for its ability to produce a full-size cucumber in a compact plant. The fruits are perfect for fresh eating, salads, and pickling. Their classic cucumber flavor and crisp texture make them a favorite among gardeners and cooks alike.
Growth Habit & Planting Instructions: The Spacemaster 80 Cucumber is known for its compact bush habit, making it an excellent choice for container gardening or small garden spaces. Plant the seeds in full sun in well-drained soil. Sow the seeds about 1 inch deep and space them about 36 inches apart. This variety is ideal for balconies or small gardens where space is a premium. Regular watering and fertilizing will encourage healthy growth and abundant fruiting.