Melon Seeds - Minnesota Midget
- Seed Count: 30 Seeds
- Maturity Date: Approximately 60-70 days from planting
- Plant Type: Compact, bushy growth habit
- Fruit Characteristics: Small, round, sweet cantaloupes
- Melon Type: Personal-sized cantaloupe
- Ideal Growing Conditions: Full sun, warm conditions, well-drained soil
- Planting Instructions: Sow seeds 1 inch deep, space plants 36-48 inches apart
- Disease Resistance: Tolerant to common melon diseases
- Culinary Uses: Ideal for fresh eating, fruit salads, and desserts
History: Minnesota Midget Cantaloupe, an heirloom variety, was specifically developed to mature quickly in the cooler climates of the northern United States. This melon's history is marked by its adaptability to shorter growing seasons and its ability to produce sweet, personal-sized fruits, making it a cherished variety among home gardeners.
Uses: Renowned for its sweet and aromatic flesh, the Minnesota Midget Cantaloupe is superb for fresh consumption. Its smaller size makes it perfect for individual servings, whether enjoyed alone or as part of fruit salads. It's also a delightful addition to summer desserts.
Growth Habit & Planting Instructions: This variety features a compact, bushy growth habit, making it suitable for small gardens and container growing. It thrives best in full sun and requires warm conditions and well-drained soil. Plant the seeds about 1 inch deep and provide adequate space between plants. Regular watering and proper feeding during the fruiting stage are crucial for developing the sweetest, most flavorful melons.