Pumpkin Seeds - Jack Be Little
- Seed Count: 15 seeds
- Maturity Date: 95-100 days from planting
- Pumpkin Type: Miniature pumpkin
- Fruit Characteristics: Small, deeply ribbed, and vibrant orange
- Plant Size: Compact, vining growth habit
- Ideal Growing Conditions: Full sun, well-drained soil
- Planting Instructions: Plant seeds 1 inch deep, spaced 24-36 inches apart
- Use Cases: Decorative, edible, and ideal for small spaces
History: The Jack Be Little Pumpkin is a delightful miniature variety that has charmed gardeners and decorators for years. Originating as a novelty, its popularity surged due to its decorative appeal and culinary versatility. This pumpkin has become a favorite for fall displays and miniature pumpkin collections.
Uses: Although primarily grown for decoration, Jack Be Little Pumpkins are also edible. They offer a sweet, tender flesh that is excellent for individual servings of baked pumpkin dishes. Their small size makes them perfect for table centerpieces, autumnal decor, and even as festive containers for dips or soups.
Growth Habit & Planting Instructions: Jack Be Little Pumpkins exhibit a compact, vining growth habit, making them suitable for gardens where space is at a premium. They thrive in areas with full sun exposure and prefer well-drained soil. For planting, space the seeds 24-36 inches apart, covering them with about 1 inch of soil. These pumpkins are relatively easy to grow and are a delight when it comes to harvesting their tiny, ornamental fruits. Regular watering and fertilization will ensure healthy growth and a bountiful yield.